In order to deal with moisture problems encountered in our homes, manufacturers offer simple and affordable devices: the dehumidifiers. But are they really effective? Choosing the right model among various types of dehumidifiers can be a difficult choice to make. That’s why we provide you with a brief description of the best dehumidifier 2015 models:
How to make the best choice
Some people buy the first dehumidifier they see because it looks good. If you pay more extra time to see what options are included, you can be sure you purchase a more useful unit.
Here are some features that should be looking for:
- The automatic locking function is disabled when the collection container is full, a continuous drainage system that requires no maintenance at all. These units usually require a drain at floor level room that are used but if this option is available to you, you can save much time and effort in the long term.
- A sort of visual indicator that the water container is full. (Assuming you do not have a continuous drainage system).
- Built-in humidistat (moisture meter / hygrometer) that can automatically control the humidity in the room. This is an essential feature to prevent air from becoming too dry.
- For larger units, the wheels make them easier to handle.
- A frost sensor that will turn off the unit if it cools too much.
- An on / off switch. This may seem silly, but without a switch will have to reach the main socket, and this is not always convenient.
- Accessories, such as an air filter can be useful for some people, condensate drainage pump where water flask is intended to be permanently eliminated in a drain located at a height greater than flask
- Variable speed fan. (Most dehumidifiers are equipped with it).
- Low noise. Everyone needs some peace.
Top 3 dehumidifiers
1. Gurin DHMD-210 Electric Compact Dehumidifier ($44.35)
Based on countless positive reviews, this seems to be the best dehumidifier 2015 model. Gurin DHMD-210 is a small dehumidifier perfect for small rooms, such as bathrooms or storage areas. You can easily place it on your desk in your office and benefit from its great feature. Even though this is a light and compact dehumidifiers, it comes with powerful features, such as the Thermo-electric Peltier technology which turns it into a quiet dehumidifier, while ensuring an en efficient energy operation. Moreover, the renewable reservoir has the spill-proof feature and can store squeezed water. When the water reaches the maximum level the “full” indicator of the reservoir will illuminate; this way you are in full control.
2. Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier($220.00)
Frigidaire FAD704DWD is classified as an Energy Star dehumidifier. This device has a large capacity, of 70 pints and is able to extract the moisture from the air thanks to the antibacterial mesh filter, thus preventing mold or bacteria from developing. Moreover, it comes with fun-function electronic controls and a full tank alert system. Another great feature of this dehumidifier is the continuous pump which drains water without you having to empty it every single time. In order to set the preferred humidity level you can use the variable humidity control, this menu also shows the current humidity level.
3. Santa Fe Compact 2 Whole House Dehumidifier($1,119.00)
The Santa Fe Compact dehumidifier is mainly used as a basement or whole house dehumidifier because it is able to dehumidify large areas, removing 70 pints of moisture daily. This device is an Energy Star Rated product which consumes a low amount of energy. The compact size of the dehumidifier allows you to place it wherever you choose, even in tight spaces. The superior filtration system of this device makes this dehumidifier one of the most versatile dehumidifier available on the market.